Just got back from a thoroughly enjoyable trip into the countryside with Marynell and her kids. I can't remember the name of the place we went to, but its a rescue farm, they take in abused and abandoned farm animals, apparently there are a lot more than you would think.
HUGE pigs I did not know that pigs got that big, the very nice lady there said that's because they are usually slaughtered when they're 6 months old and showed me a pig which I presumed to be pig sized! But nooo these were huge! They were all laying down cos they were hot and apparently they're a bit like dogs, they love it when you scratch their bellies and low and behold scratch a pigs belly and they will stretch out just like a dog to make the most of it! They also like to be scratched behind the ears!!! I presume they also like living to be 10 and not being made into bacon!!!!
The goats were.....goats, the sheep were hiding cos it was really hot, there were cows and a few horses but no one knew where they were LOL the chickens were...chickens, but they had loads of different kinds..some with fluffy feet some tiny little ones, a lot of them rescued from DC before they were used in Santeria sacrifices!!!! Who knew???It was fun and lovely to be in the middle of nowhere! :)
This one I like to call Pig's Bum.... can't think why :)
Here is a giant pig and that wasn't even a really big one...I just liked the way she was sitting her name is Missy
Little barn next to the farm house
Aidan in the shade
Boots on the porch
A "proper" porch" with rockers and everything!!
Liam
and a rather scary Maeve after Gatorade!!!! :)
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Pigs, Goats, Sheep and Small Children
Posted by Soupie at 4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment